Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saturday...

So here I am after a great day of fun...

Ironically it involved Jonathon Gordon again.

Jon and I spent about six hours up at The Grand Cafe/Sir Pizza in Lansing "Old Town" district. I blue-lined three pages for the next issue of Snarky,  almost completed the background for a new Snarky image (to be displayed here soon), and finished the day by seeing and absolutely amazing "reboot"of the Star Trek franchise.

Seriously, if you haven't seen Star Trek yet then make time in your busy lives to sit down and enjoy this movie. Well written from beginning to end this is a movie for "Trekkies" and people who have never seen a single moment of any Star Trek ever. Truly amazing, I'm only sad I can't watch the next instalment right now...

In other news I will be at Motor City Comic Book convention this weekend, look for my table, I should have Comics Obscura issue #4 back from Ka-Blam.com by the show, I also have copies of The Tao of Snarky Compilation still available. (Post will be made regarding both of these objects later this week).

Before Jon and I left The Grand Cafe I wanted to draw a quick little diddy...

To give a little background Jon asked me a question, "If you could only write and draw for one character in the Marvel Universe who would it be?" Without hesitation my response was "Hands down... Wolverine." followed shortly by..."Though I would really enjoy to give Cyclops the credit he deserves a a character and how much he's grown over the years." Now after saying this I was staring at my supplies and looking at my Copic gray tone markers and had an urge to work with them... A few minutes later I was gray-toning an inked Cyclops image... and here it is.




Until next time...

-Jacot

No comments: